Mash Trust - Palmerston North
- Do you want to make a difference while gaining industry experience?
- Are you compassionately qualified?
- Are you interested in being part of a reputable, professional team that has a long history of providing quality to support to those in need within your community?
MASH is a successful, expanding organisation and operates in a values based framework MASH provides a wide range of disability support services; mental health, addiction, community support services, youth respite and vocational day bases throughout the lower North Island.
You are a passionate, NZ Registered nurse who encompasses both drive and leadership, and can problem solve. You have a great sense of humour, are confident, charismatic and a superstar at meeting deadlines. You have experience in providing sound clinical oversight, who works well under pressure and enjoys a laugh after a job well done! You work best in an environment where you feel included and where your input is valued; and you build meaningful relationships with ease.
About the Job:
This position is an integral one within our disability service. Located in central Palmerston North, you will be the first point of contact to provide clinical oversight and team management for our highly skilled and well-established team. Our service is growing at a rapid rate, so you will have the ability to 'hit the ground running' and a desire to continuously grow your professional knowledge through ongoing development opportunities.
Some of the duties and responsibilities for this role include:
· Professional qualification and a valid NZ nursing registration essential
· Clinical oversight experience, preferably within the intellectual/physically disability sector
· Knowledge and practical experience in leading and managing a team
· Empathy and understanding of people with disabilities
· Ability to deliver a high-quality level of service
· Have great initiative and the confidence to put forward your position
· Complete regular assessments and ongoing development of support plans
· Accurate administration and good knowledge of financial and human resource processes
· A team player
This is a part-time position and consists of 60 hours per fortnight. The exact hours of work will be negotiated with the successful applicant but ideally you will be available for the below hours of work. Some weekend work, at times, may be required and there is an element of 'rostered on-call' that is shared with other clinical positions (additionally remunerated).
Ideally you will be available Monday to Friday from 9am until 3pm.
What can we offer you?
· A diverse and interesting role
· An enthusiastic, motivated and supportive team of people to work with
· Plenty of leadership and clinical support
· Ongoing training and development
· Competitive rate of pay
· A vehicle, cell phone and laptop will be provided
· An opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people we support
This position is available as of Thursday the 2nd of April.