The Home Co-ordinator leads and manages one of our residential homes based in Palmerston North. To be successful in this key role you will mentor and inspire our team of support staff who assist people with disabilities so that they can live in an environment that ensures their individual needs and aspirations are being met.
Your day may include supporting people to plan day-to day-tasks, attending activities in the community, personal cares, domestic chores, or medication administration. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the home, ensuring the needs of others are met by maintaining a high standard of service. Your excellent communication skills and leadership capability will enable you to encourage your team to be successful in their role, providing them with the support and assistance that they need.
This is a full-time position of 80 hours per fortnight working from 6.45am to 3.15pm and includes weekend work.
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday from 6.45am to 3.15pm
Week 2: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 6.45am to 3.15pm
What can we offer you:
An excellent working environment , rewarding work, suitable training in your role, as well as ongoing support. We also have many opportunities to study while working with MASH Trust.
MASH Trust is a supportive and well-established Healthcare provider with a wealth of experience, competitive salary, and benefits
The minimum starting rate for this role is $22.75 per hour.
You will need to be successful in this role:
• A relevant qualification – Level 4 National Certificate in Human Services or Intellectual Disability would be a bonus.
• Proven experience in successfully leading a team.
· Effective relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a quality focus.
• A willingness to provide personal cares.
• Experience in working with challenging behaviours
• A current full New Zealand drivers license and have reliable transport
• Legal entitlement to work in New Zealand
• To take pride in a healthy home environment – including cleaning, meal preparation and shopping.
We believe and recognise that:
• People with disabilities as citizens of New Zealand have the same rights to full community participation;
• Learning and Development is a lifelong process and that all people possess the ability to learn and develop;
• Every person can have a valued role in society;
• Services must be developed to meet the needs of the individuals that use them; and
• The needs of people change, and the services need to be responsive of those changes.
MASH Trust delivers a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction, and youth respite care. We employ over 600 employees and volunteers who are working together to achieve great lives. These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, in people’s own homes, or in the community, with clients who range in age from 15 to 65 years.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North, and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH Trust’s Physical and Intellectual Disabilities services provide 24-hour a day staff supported accommodation, located in an urban setting. Our employees are highly trained in their respective field.