MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions. We are looking for people with a passion to make a difference in our Paraparaumu Team. This team works across residential and vocational services supporting a range of people with differing needs to live as independently as possible in the community.
MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care. These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community. The roles we have available are supporting those with Intellectual and Physical disabilities within our local community.
MASH Trust’s Physical & Intellectual Disabilities services provide 24 hour a day staffed supported accommodation, located in an urban setting. Staff are highly trained and our consumers range from 15 to 65 years of age.
As a Community Support Worker you will be supporting clients by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
We have TWO fulltime position available in our friendly Kapiti Team
Position 1 - POOL staff
POOL staff members will be provided with 80 hours a fortnight and will work a variety of morning, afternoon and evening shifts. POOL staff may also work the sleepover and wake over shifts and will need to be available to work across a number of homes with both male and female clients.
Position 1 - 80 hours fixed shifts across 2 homes
Week 1: Monday 2.55p to 11p, Tuesday 12.30p to 9p, Thursday 12.30p to 9p, Friday 6.55a to 3p, Saturday and Sunday 8a to 5p
Week 2: Tuesday 7a to 3.30p, Wednesday 12.30p to 9p, Thursday 7a to 3.30p, Friday 12.30p to 9p
What can we offer you?
- An excellent working environment·
- Rewarding work and knowing you have made a positive difference in the lives of the people we support
- Extensive ongoing training opportunities
- Medication Training
- First Aid Course and other learning and development opportunities in your chosen field
- Excellent overtime allowances & a starting rate of a minimum of $20.50 per hour
- Career growth and advancement
You will have/be:
- A desire to learn and grow within your role.
- Open to completing 'personal cares' such as - assisting with showering, dressing and getting our consumers in and out of bed.
- Hold a current full drivers licence and have reliable transport
- Wanting flexibility with hours of work and not interested in a standard nine-to-five.
- The ability to take pride in a healthy home environment – including cleaning, meal preparation and shopping.·
- Eligible to work in New Zealand with a minimum of six months on Visa.
- Caring and Kind in nature with integrity that can provide support to those from all walks of life.