MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care
These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH Mental Health & Addiction service delivers programmes that have been developed on recovery principles that enable those with alcohol and/or drug issues to regain and develop control over their lives and establish the necessary skills that they believe are required in order to achieve this. The Mental Health & Addiction service provide various levels of care to our consumers such as; Facts and Effects, Community Support Groups, One to One, Community Programmes and Residential programmes. We believe in people and their ability to make changes.
As a Dual Diagnosis Support Worker you will be promoting and supporting clients towards a healthy lifestyle by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, supporting and encouraging their recovery journey, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
This role is a casual position covering overnight and weekend work, sometimes at short notice, so flexibility is a must.
This position is available immediately for the right candidate.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive hourly rate, minimum starting of $20.50 per hour
- An excellent working environment
- Rewarding work
- Ongoing training and development within your chosen field
- Opportunities to advance your career
You will have/be:
· A understanding of recovery principles and a desire to help support people in early recovery
· A willingness to learn and grow within your role
· Hold a current full New Zealand drivers licence and have reliable transport
· Wanting flexibility with hours of work and not interested in a standard nine-to-five.
· The ability to motivate people towards taking pride in a healthy home environment – including supporting people with basic life skills like cleaning, budgeting, meal preparation and shopping.
· Eligible to work in New Zealand with a minimum of six months on Visa.
· Caring and Kind in nature with integrity that can provide support to those from all walks of life.