MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care
These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH mental health residential supported accommodation provides community based housing with support staff available depending on the level of need. MASH support staff work in partnership with our consumers to develop individualised packages and achieve personal goals.
As a Community Support Worker you will be supporting clients by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
This role is for 32 hours per fortnight working afternoon shifts in our Porirua service.
The hours are as follows:
Week 1&2: Friday and Saturday 12pm-8.30pm
Immediate start available, and the opportunity to pick up extra shifts on a casual basis.
You will have/be:
- A willingness to work towards a National Certificate in Mental Health or Human Services which is funded by us.
- Open to personal cares such as - assisting with showering, dressing and getting our consumers in and out of bed.
- Hold a current full drivers licence and have reliable transport
- Wanting flexibility with hours of work and not interested in a standard nine-to-five.
- The ability to take pride in a healthy home environment – including cleaning, meal preparation and shopping.
- Eligible to work in New Zealand with a minimum of six months on Visa.
- Caring and Kind in nature with integrity that can provide support to those from all walks of life.
What can we offer you?
- An excellent working environment
- Rewarding work
- Extensive ongoing training opportunities
First Aid Course
And other learning and development opportunities to study while working
- Excellent overtime allowances and a minimum starting rate of $20.50 ph
- Career growth and advancement